Home » Thailand

Indians – they are differently made

8 April 2010 19 Comments

Indians are differently made. Seriously.

At times they are very conservative, brainy & thoughtful and other times they are full of masti and idiotness. Sometimes I feel there is a loose screw in their upper portion and that includes me as well. :)

@lemonicks.com/Travel

This was not a swimming pool but middle of a sea near Phi Phi island.

This photo is a result when I spotted 3 people having beer in the middle of the sea !! Guess what ?

They were Indians.

The precious little time I got to chat with them from the deck of my moving boat is unforgettable. Shouting at my level best, I spoke to them in Hindi. Sardarji told me, they were from Chandigarh and chilling out in Thailand.

And after that chit-chat when I turned back, whole of boat knew I was from India. :D
And as usual, were quite amazed to see an Indian woman traveling alone.

On another occasion, in a restaurant two Indians (or Pakistanis, but I assume them to be Indians) were trying to pull one on the waiter. They were so bored of different types of fried rice and chicken dishes that they ordered

veg chicken rice
and chicken shahi korma

Indians !! I love them. :D

If you like this blog, why don’t you recommend it to your friends ? If you need to know more on this topic, don’t hesitate to use the comment section or shoot a mail or contact me.

—-

For regular personal updates, subscribe to this website by e-mail or on your reader. For those small stories and tit-bits that don’t always make it to this place check out my Twitter or Facebook accounts.

• Doli said:

:) I cant believe it! True Indians will be Indians anywhere :P
    .-= Doli´s last [post] ..Irish Love – Andrew M. Greeley =-.

• Tarun said:

:D …we are and hopefully like this only…
    .-= Tarun´s last [post] ..Divided they Stand =-.

• anjuli said:

I was laughing so hard at the photo and your corresponding narrative!!!

• Anil said:

I would’ve smiled if this drinking did not remind me of the drownings I’ve seen happen of drunk tourists venturing into seas off Goan beaches, in turn putting lives of lifeguards and other tourists jumping in, at risk.
    .-= Anil´s last [post] ..Books Travellers Read in Mumbai Locals – Part II =-.

Doli,
    True !

Tarun,
    Welcome here !
    Yeah, I like the way they turn the tables without any effort. :)

Anjuli,
    Think of me !! How I would have run to the deck to cheer them up. It’s love for fellow countrymen you see. :P
    And man! They posed for me with their beer cans saying ‘cheers’.

In fact there are some more incidents to tell.

Anil,
    Oh, that happens if one overdoes anything and lets the situation go out of control. And they put others’ lives at risk.

These were fun filled lighter activities but yes, slight mistake and scene would have been different.

• Anya said:

IT looks like you had F_U_N_ :) )))))
    Enjoy …..

Anya :)
    .-= Anya´s last [post] ..Our colors …. =-.

Anya,
    Yes, I had tons of fun ! :D

Thanks.

• Indrani said:

Looks like lot of fun!
    Great shot!
    .-= Indrani´s last [post] ..Weavers of Kanchipuram =-.

• Nigel Babu said:

Totally agree :)
    .-= Nigel Babu´s last [post] ..Where we are =-.

• Zhu said:

Each country had its stereotypes and yes, some are kind of true! I don,t know enough about Indians to understand it though.
    .-= Zhu´s last [post] ..Montreal’s Chinatown =-.

• Tweets that mention Indians – they are differently made -- Topsy.com said:

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Le Monde. Le Monde said: Proud to be an Indian :)http://www.lemonicks.com/Travel/2010/04/08/indians-they-are-differently-made/ #people #travel #India #Indian [...]

• HOBO(nickname) said:

We are different.
    We believe to be different.
    - I guess.

• A said:

Very nice. I agree Indians are made different. We are different.

Indrani,
    Thanks.

Nigel Babu,
    Welcome here and I agree with what you agree on. :P
    Keep coming.

Zhu,
    Through this site you have a great opportunity to learn about Indians. :D

Hobo,
    Yes, and I am so proud to be different. :D

A,
    Welcome on this site.

So all agree to what I said. Good. :P

Keep coming and keep enjoying.

• Namita said:

Nisha, this time while flying back from Bangkok to Delhi. We had an awful time in the plane because of not one, two but three Indian rowdy groups. They made the journey, the worse International flight we’ve ever had. One guy from Delhi was absolutely drunk, might have had 13-14 drinks and was behaving very badly with the air hostess.
    .-= Namita´s last [post] ..Coral Island – Pattaya =-.

Namita,
    I am so much with you on this. These handful of Indians give a bad name to all of us.
    To tell you the fact, we are not liked much abroad as well… by just sheer (mis)behaviour we leave a bad impression everywhere.

Also, drinking isn’t bad if done moderately. Even I have an incident to quote about these Indians misbehaving with air-hostesses.
    .-= Nisha´s last [post] ..Night Markets at Krabi-I =-.