Home » India, Matheran

I was here

13 June 2011 12 Comments

Oh I am busy as hell and monsoons have arrived. Weather is awesome and so am I. :D
Have I lost it again? :P

Sorry, I do not have time or inclination to be at my desk. And there are so many stories & photos to share. Malaysian food festival, Dubai and Matheran, to start with.

Toy train at Matheran @lemonicks.com

Toy train !

Anyway, to give you a glimpse, I was here last week. Two days of sheer bliss and well, some pain in the butt as well.

No internet or phone connection. So my plan of live tweeting from the place went kaput.
We had four cellphones between us and apparently, none of our phones worked once we were in that area. The only service providers that seem to work there are DOCOMO, Aircel, Vodaphone and Reliance CDMA.
You can note it down for future references. :)

matheran @lemonicks.com

What a view !

I also tried to break my new pair of hiking shoes (this is the first time I bought them in India), … instead they broke my legs. :)
I have to test them again on my next hiking trip, let’s see who has an upper hand. :P I had posted a photo of them on Twitter earlier.
Keep watching, this space will have some interesting things to share.
——-
P.S.-This article belongs to Le Monde-A Poetic Travail. If you are viewing this on a website instead of your RSS feed reader, then that website is guilty of stealing my content. Kindly do me a favour. Please visit my site and help me taking action by letting me know against this theft.
Thank you.
If you like this site, I suggest you to connect with me through Facebook fan page and Twitter.

Posts related to this entry which might interest you :-

• connie said:

loved the pictures…oh your poor feet- I hope they are recuperating and I know they will win in your next battle against the hiking boots. I look forward to plenty more GREAT posts!!!
    connie´s last [post] ..Feature Friday – Eric Liddell

• Neeraj said:

Re: hiking shoes – get ‘Action Trekking’ shoes.. they are the best for Sahyadri trekking :)
    Neeraj´s last [post] ..Picture of the Week 93

• Anu said:

hey, what happened to your leg? is it ok now? the pics are great! have to show samhith the toy train, and hes surely going to ask me when i am going to take him there…. and btw, I recently saw another blog about Matheran.. they went trekking to see birds and saw quite a few…. seeing all these posts about the place makes me eager to go!
    Anu´s last [post] ..International Postcard Swap for Families 2011 – Update

• Niranjan said:

Matheran is indeed a nice place to be in.

Niranjan´s last [post] ..The Snake Charmer!!

• jyoti mishra said:

awesome snaps !!!

• Zhu said:

Wow, this train is close to the cliff! Looks muddy too…

I love the colour of the soil.

• Siddhartha Joshi said:

I am sure Matheran must be awesome right now…with the rains and all…
    Siddhartha Joshi´s last [post] ..Daman- the often ignored cousin

• Arti said:

Ah! What a lovely sight and so beautifully captured :) Makes one wanna get out there and get exploring right now :)
    Arti´s last [post] ..Other Places in Badrinath Part I – The Alaknanda River- Brahma Kapal Ghat

@Neeraj,
    I saw Action trekking shoes too. I did not buy them for 3 reasons.

I already have one pair similar to Action trekking shoes but of a different brand.

I wanted one with high ankle, which unfortunately wasn’t available in whole of Mumbai.

I wanted real tough ones for more strenuous hiking. :) Sahayadri trekking is just a simple walk. :)

So here is what I bought. http://www.twitpic.com/59k1r9 They weigh nearly 2 kg. :(

@Anu,
    My legs are ok now, raring to go for another hike. :)
    You better take Samhith soon or send him to me. I’ll take him there. :)

And give me the link of that blog on Matheran na?

@Niranjan, Jyoti,
    Yeah, this is a nice place.

@Zhu,
    Yeah, the toy train goes very near to cliff. Wait for my video.

@Siddhartha,
    Yes, rains make Matheran more beautiful. :)

@Arti,
    So when do hear about your trip then? :P