Home » Udaipur

Murals at Udaipur Palace

27 March 2012 7 Comments

Note:- Picture of the moment is a weekly series exhibiting pictures, through which I show you a bit of my journeys and my world.

The internal walls of Udaipur Palace are adorned with beautiful murals. The colors are vibrant and each painting is very detailed. The paintings on different walls narrate different stories.

Mural at Udaipur palace @lemonicks.com

Maharaja leading the way on an elephant. Did you notice the Sun on the cloth?

Mural at Udaipur palace @lemonicks.com

Behind the king is the queen in a palanquin and some ladies carrying goodies & garlands.

Mural at Udaipur palace @lemonicks.com

Another one. I am sorry, I forgot to move my bag, camera case etc. from the frame. :D

Location: Udaipur Palace, Udaipur.

If you want to travel with me on my journeys, I suggest you to join me on my Facebook travel page and check out my Twitter account.
P.S.-This article belongs to Le Monde-A Poetic Travail. If you are viewing this on a website instead of your RSS feed reader, then that website is guilty of stealing my content. Kindly do me a favour. Please visit my site and help me taking action by letting me know against this theft. Thank you.

Posts related to this entry which might interest you :-

Posts related to this entry which might interest you :-

• PN Subramanian said:

Just superb!. I recollect one Jan Van Putten from Holland. He was crazy about our Elephants. Was an artist.

• Siddhartha Joshi said:

I agree, the walls of palaces in Udaipur are stunning! I somehow never clicked them…nice to see them here :)

• Le Monde – A Poetic Travail » Blog Archive » Mural at Lille station said:

[...] Talking of murals, here is another one at Lille railway station. At Lille, what attracted me most was this fascinating 3D paintings on the wall of the railway station. Lille is a noticeable town in northern France, situated almost at the border with Belgium. [...]

• Mia said:

Thanks for sharing these lovely photos. It’s nice to appreciate different types and styles of Murals in different countries.

PNS,
    Why him? Even I went crazy over these murals. :)
    Nisha´s last [post] ..Looking back at Year 2013

Siddhartha,
    Glad you could revisit them thru my lens. :)
    Nisha´s last [post] ..Looking back at Year 2013

Mia,
    I have seen murals in so many places that I once was thinking of doing a trip only for murals. :P
    Nisha´s last [post] ..Looking back at Year 2013