Home » Lille

Mural at Lille station

3 April 2012 10 Comments

Note:- Picture of the moment is a weekly series exhibiting pictures, through which I show you a bit of my journeys and my world.

Talking of murals, here is another one at Lille railway station. At Lille, what attracted me most was this fascinating 3D paintings on the wall of the railway station. Lille is a noticeable town in northern France, situated almost at the border with Belgium.

mural at Lille @lemonicks.com

Doesn’t it have a 3D effect?

mural at Lille @lemonicks.com

A closer look. Amazing details on the walls.

mural at Lille @lemonicks.com

The station. It is small compared to station at Paris.

Location: Railway station, Lille.

If you want to travel with me on my journeys, I suggest you to join me on Facebook by ‘liking’ my Facebook fan page and check out my Twitter account.
P.S.-This article belongs to Le Monde-A Poetic Travail. If you are viewing this on a website instead of your RSS feed reader, then that website is guilty of stealing my content. Kindly do me a favour. Please visit my site and help me taking action by letting me know against this theft. Thank you.

• PN Subramanian said:

It has the 3D effect. This was not there and must have come up within a decade or so. I had a friend over there.

• Matthew Karsten said:

Pretty cool. I wish more public spaces had mural art.

• arvi said:

Beautiful! I’ve never been to Lille except when I passed by while travelling from London to Paris by Eurostar. I hear from my friend who studied at Lille, that it is a small student-town. Maybe this mural is the work of art students there?

• Dark Knight said:

Very beautiful and clever paintings!

• bhavana said:

Wow!!! I love the murals–what a work!! Supercool! Do you have posts on community murals also? I know two good friends who examined and researched murals–one worked on graffitti and how this was a way by which the marginalized groups expressed themselves and the other on community murals–mural making as a way to come together as a community and envision what the area/space meant for them.

PNS,
    No idea when it was made.

Mathew,
    Welcome here. yes, murals can be fun and educative too. :)

Arvi,
    As I mentioned to PNS, I have no idea when or who made it. :)
    Sorry. I should have tried to find out.

Dark Knight,
    Yes, they are! :)

Bhavana,
    It’s good art to look at & learn something. Graffitti is loved by many. But I’ve seen ppl spitting on it too.

No, I haven’t posted anything on community murals.

• Samaresh Biswal said: