Articles in the The World Category
Temple of Wisdom or Wat Hat Yai Nai in Hat Yai.
This temple is famous for a gigantic statue of reclining Buddha measuring 35 meters long, 15 meters tall, 10 meters wide, named Phra Phuttha Hattha Mongkhon. It is said to be the third largest reclining Buddha in the world.
One can also enter the statue’s torso to view the lungs and heart.
The temple was about to close, I couldn’t do that.
You can judge the enormity of statue by looking at the person sitting and praying near steps.
Temple of Wisdom a.k.a. …
The World »
I love walking….miles and miles…. on the lone road or ..
making my way through jungles …
Again some scattered thoughts and moments.
• I have lost track of days. I don’t know which day of the week is today unless I purposely try to find out.
• I have lost inches. All my pants are loose by at least 1.5″.
• I am not writing any stories here anymore. They are personal and boring. Only I can relate, feel and live to them. So, here I’ll talk about my general experiences and learnings.
Replica in front of the actual one.
• My experience …
You are excused to skip this post. These are my rants which I want to laugh at when I read them after 10-12 years from now.
• I am not getting enough time or internet access to write longer posts. So what I am doing is writing only the titles and putting them in draft. That will remind me later of the topic. I have 52 drafts at this moment.
• There are more mosquitoes in Malaysia than in Thailand. Remember ‘mujhe is jungle se bacahao’ ?
• Can you …
Celine has asked me what my backpack contains for this 48 days, 2 country solo trip.
Here is what I am taking with me. Since it’s backpacking, I am keeping things to minimum. (*wink*)
I am always very proud that being a woman, I can adorn many kind of dresses but when it comes to carry them on your back, I wish I was a guy. Just a few T-shirts & 2-3 shorts/jeans would have done. Compared to that, see what all I am carrying.
1. Jeans =1
2. Cargo pants
So, it’s on.
The air tickets were booked more than 5 months back. And that was it. Travel insurance and other paperwork was done last week and I am off……
I have started my 48 day solo backpacking trip to two countries and am in first leg of the journey. To tell you the truth, it wasn’t a great start. I would call it risky. On this later, if I feel like writing here.
But I am told I am the first Indian female to go solo backpacking abroad ! Is that so? Then Yayy!! …
Some of you are aware that I am going on a 48 days solo backpacking trip to 2 countries…. Two countries where language will be a big barrier. And I am going totally unprepared. A few months back I had booked just the to & fro air tickets and did nothing else after that.
And the time has come now.
After a few days in first country, I will be heading towards neighbouring country overland. This is interesting. Flying into any of the city there can get you a 30 day tourist …