Celine has asked me what my backpack contains for this 48 days, 2 country solo trip.
Here is what I am taking with me. Since it’s backpacking, I am keeping things to minimum. (*wink*)
I am always very proud that being a woman, I can adorn many kind of dresses but when it comes to carry them on your back, I wish I was a guy. Just a few T-shirts & 2-3 shorts/jeans would have done. Compared to that, see what all I am carrying. 🙁
1. Jeans =1
2. Cargo pants =2 (One full, one 3/4th) of light material meaning they need to be washed frequently.
3. Capri = 1
4. T-shirts / tops =7
5. Casual skirt & top = 1 set
6. Beach dress =1
7. Scarf =1
8. Cap =1
9. Socks =7 pairs
10. Undergarments = 6 sets
11. Night dress =1 set
12. Waterproof thin jacket
10. Lightweight Bedsheet =1 (Believe me, it comes handy in many ways)
11. Thin towels =2 (One large, one face). In many budget hotels they don’t provide towel & toiletries.
1. Mini-Laptop & accessories
2. Camera & accessories
3. Cell phone & charger
4. Universal adapter
5. 8 GB Pen drive
6. Extra batteries for camera, SD card, data cable etc etc etc.
7. Headphones, mike for voice chat
Other travel stuff
1. Rucksack =1
2. Book =1 novel by Alistair Maclean
3. 2-3 small notepads to scribble
4. A few maps & guides
5. Wallet =2 (you’ll be stupid if you ask me the reason)
6. Small waterproof pouch with shoulder strap which can contain passport, money, camera, cellphone etc.
7. Sun shades/specs =2
8. Passport sized photographs
9. Combination Padlocks =2
10. 2 SIM cards for 2 countries (incoming is free, I just have to give a missed call back home)
11. Wash bag including 2 packing cubes for toiletries and other items
12. Multi purpose German knife =1 (it’s real sharp. God forbid, if I ever have to use it then only God can save the victim). It’s another thing that the knife is always in the bottom of my backpack.
13. small scissors, nail-cutter, hair-pins, safety pins.. (all to come handy in case of emergency)
14. A pouch containing hair bands, hair clips etc and some other girly items.
15. A big pouch to carry my medicines. To avoid getting harassed at customs for smuggling drugs, I am also carrying doc’s prescriptions. 😛
16. An assortment of clove, cardamom etc, Polo…
17. A few sickness bags ( I have a habit of throwing up when I am surrounded by beautiful mountains. 🙂 )
18. Knee braces, wrist bands (don’t ask me why but I need them)
19. Shoes = 1 pair
20. Flipflops =1 pair
21. Handbag =1 (Large enough to carry my laptop, 1 set of dress, toiletry pouch, some medicines, passport/papers, novel, cap, 500 ml water bottle, tissues, sunshades, hand lotion, blah blah blah…. you get the picture….)
In addition to this, a comfort kit by Air-asia. The kit contains a thin blanket, eye masks, neck pillow and a sling bag to carry them.
A few more things but I am tired of typing now. 😀
If you need to know more on this, comment section is all yours. Or else don’t hesitate to shoot a mail or contact me.
For regular personal updates, subscribe to this website by e-mail or on your reader. For those small stories and tit-bits that don’t always make it to this place check out my Twitter or Facebook accounts.