The ministry of Culture, Govt of India has announced that ASI (Archaeological Survey of India) will issue a common entry ticket for all World Heritage sites in the country except Taj Mahal for which a special entry ticket will be issued.
The scheme is likely to be introduced within next 3 months. This is quite a welcome sign as it will reduce time to stand in long queues in front each monument.
Some points worth to be noted.
1. The tickets can be purchased in advance from over 250 outlets including Delhi & Mumbai airports, ITDC offices across country. Later on it’ll be extended to approved travel agents & tour operators as well.
2. A common entry ticket for 15 World Heritage sites in India.
3. A common entry ticket for 99 other ASI monuments.
4. The tickets are valid for one year for single use.
5. Unused tickets can be re-validated.
6. All these tickets are specially designed and will have a souvenir value.
7. Hotels and travel agents would also be at liberty to buy these tickets in bulk.
Nowhere they have mentioned the cost price of a ticket. Probably they are working on it.
What do you think of this step ? Is it late ? Does it have any negative side ?